Carboxytherapy is a technical or non-surgical procedure, where carbon dioxide is infiltrated (CO2) and administered intradermal, with a very thin needle. This technique can be applied separately or combined with other treatments such as mesotherapy.
It is applied to enhance microcirculation of the blood, to attenuate or eliminate orange skin or cellulite, also to reduce fat tissue (by breaking down the membranes of the fat cells), to increase skin tone by stimulation of new collagen and decrease body sagging. It is also used as a complement to liposuction and to improve lymphatic drainage.
It greatly improves cellulite if it is regularly applied from one to three times a week.
- Patients presenting various diseases such as hepatic (liver), respiratory, renal (kidney) and heart failure.
- Diabetes, neoplastic diseases.
- Circulatory disorders, epilepsy.
- Problems or infections in the area to be treated.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.